Leading Internet Policy Conference, Sponsored by Congressional Internet Caucus Advisory Committee, Will Feature Comcast Chairman and CEO Brian L. Roberts
Conference registration is open. REGISTER NOW!
On Wednesday, January 27, 2010, the Congressional Internet Caucus Advisory Committee will host the sixth annual State of the Net Conference, the largest and most influential Internet policy conference in the country. The conference, which will bring together technology policy experts and industry leaders, is the only tech policy conference routinely recognized for its balanced blend of academics, consumer groups, industry and government (over 50% of the 550 attendees in 2009 were government policy staff).
The 2010 conference will include senior government officials, who will be introduced by Congressman Rick Boucher (D-VA), the Chairman of the House Subcommittee on Communications, Technology and the Internet. The luncheon keynote will feature a discussion on the future of broadband with Brian L. Roberts, Chairman and CEO of Comcast Corporation. The conference will also feature a keynote by Congressman Bob Goodlatte (R-VA) and sessions on the top-tier technology policy issues including broadband deployment, antitrust, cyber security, copyright, privacy and cloud computing to name a few. More information about the conference and the full agenda can be found at http://www.netcaucus.org/conference/2010/.
What: 6th Annual State of the Net Conference
When: 8:00 am – 4:30 pm, Wednesday, January 27, 2010 (Pre-Conference Communications Seminar on January 26, 2010).
Where: Hyatt Regency Capitol Hill, 400 New Jersey Avenue, NW
Panel Sessions Include:
- Online Copyright Piracy
- Antitrust in the Internet Era
- Cyber Security and Cyber War
- Legislating Online Privacy
- Internet Global Freedom (The Judith Krug Memorial Intellectual Freedom Panel)
- Can the Internet Save the Planet with Smart Grid?
- The Liability Exemption of ISPs: Can Section 230 Hold Up Under Pressure?
Speakers to include:
- Jerry Berman, Chairman, Congressional Internet Caucus Advisory Committee
- The Honorable Rick Boucher (D – Virginia), Co-Chair, Congressional Internet Caucus
- James Brokenshire, Member of Parliament, United Kingdom
- Philip Dunne, Member of Parliament, United Kingdom
- The Honorable Bob Goodlatte (R – Virginia), Co-Chair, Congressional Internet Caucus
- Roberta Katz, U.S. Department of Justice
- Edward Tsang Lu, Google
- Brian L. Roberts, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, Comcast Corporation
- John Robertson, Member of Parliament, United Kingdom
- Catherine Sandoval, Santa Clara University School of Law
- The Honorable John Thune, (R-SD), U.S. Senate, Co-Chair, Congressional Internet Caucus
- Gerry Waldron, Staff Director, House Select Committee on Energy Independence and Global Warming
- Phil Willis, Member of Parliament, United Kingdom, Chairman Select Committee, Science & Technology
- Derek Wyatt, Member of Parliament, United Kingdom
- And more to be announced.
This is a widely attended event hosted by the Congressional Internet Caucus Advisory Committee (ICAC), part of a 501 (c)(3) charitable organization. The ICAC is a private sector organization comprised of public interest groups, trade associations, non-profits, and industry leaders. The diversity of ICAC membership ensures that all educational events and initiatives are fair and balanced forums for Internet-related discussion. The ICAC does not promote any particular policy position.
Contact Cat Parsons Matsuda with questions or inquiries about sponsorship at 202-638-4370, ext. 319 for more information.